[Israel.pm] Fw: [dcpm] Please note the passing of Jon Portnoy (AVENJ) on CPAN

Shlomi Fish shlomif at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 08:23:38 UTC 2016

Forwarding from the DCPM mailing list.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 13:38:52 -0400
From: Lawrence Hixson via dc <dc at lists.pm.org>
To: DCPM <dc at lists.pm.org>
Subject: [dcpm] Please note the passing of Jon Portnoy (AVENJ) on CPAN

Hello,

I'm posting this in case some of you knew Jon Portnoy from YAPC, CPAN,
IRC, or Gentoo Linux.  He was not part of DCPM to my knowledge, but was
part of our greater Perl community of developers.

The Gentoo Linux Foundation made a very generous contribution to The
Perl Foundation (TPF), in memoriam, Jonathan Portnoy (avenj), 1987/02/24
- 2016/08/10.

Please see his obituary and my August 22nd, 2016 posting at:

http://www.michaudfuneralhomeandcrematorium.com/obituaries/Jonathan-Portnoy?obId=1031720#/celebrationWall

Hopefully one of his friends will help maintain his modules going
forward so the Perl community remembers him too.

The family requests that donations in his memory be made to the Perl
Foundation at
    https://donate.perlfoundation.org/donate.html

Larry Hixson
DC Perl Monger
TPF Steering Commitee, Donor Relations Chair
lhixson at perlfoundation.org

--
Lawrence Hixson
Senior Software Engineer/Oracle DBA