No subject

Tue May 18 09:43:31 PDT 2010

messages from gmail.

If so, then gmail seems to have a serious bug by generating invalid
text/plain alternative that does *NOT* correspond to the text/html
alternative it sends.

I think this may be triggered by appending own text on level 0
to the quoted empty line on level 1. Say:

	> quote line

	reply line

It is sent like this in html, but in plain text it becomes:

	> quote line
	>
	> reply line

I.e. the reply line is on the same level. This creates troubles for
both understanding and replying to such messages with broken levels.

Gaal, you can view the source of your message and compare the text
and html alternatives. You can also notice that when you leave an
empty (unquoted) line before your reply line this bug does not
happen, but your usual reply style triggers this bugs.

It's possible there are other ways to trigger this bug and it surelly
gets even worse on higher levels of quoting. It is quite possible
that other proprietary mailers may generate totally incorrect text
part in some cases too.

Until Google fixes this bug I kindly ask everyone who uses gmail to
reply in plain text to this list. The list readers who don't use html
(for any reason, security or not) should not suffer from such bugs.

Regards,
Mikhael.