[Israel.pm] multipart/alternative added

Mikhael Goikhman migo at homemail.com
Sat May 29 16:31:38 PDT 2010

On 30 May 2010 01:09:16 +0300, Oron Peled wrote:

> This list is full of technical people, and hardly anyone bothered
> mentioning the security implicatoins of HTML mails.

The reason I didn't think to discuss security implications of HTML
attachments is the same I don't see why to discuss this for many
other attachment types. I should first find why they are needed here
in the first place. :)

I still think that it is a good compromise to switch to the option of
allowing but filtering out the html part, if mailman can do this.
Really. Why should everyone receive duplicated + much increased
content even if it is 100% secure? Sounds like code duplication.

>   print MAIL "(be nice to people who have inferiour MUA's)\n";

Hey, I always try to be nice to people that need to use mail clients
inferiour to mutt. Because I know how hard (and often impossible) to
configure them. :) This is why I try to suggest options making life
of people using such clients (i.e. gmail) much easier. :-) :-)

Regards,
Mikhael.

--
perl -le 'print+chr(64+hex)for+split//,d9b815c07f9b8d1e'