[Israel.pm] multipart/alternative added

Mikhael Goikhman migo at homemail.com
Fri May 28 05:08:13 PDT 2010

On 28 May 2010 13:33:01 +0300, sawyer x wrote:

> A major benefit to having HTML possible (hopefully without JS, such
> as done in blogs.perl), is that you can do RTL and LTR easily. That
> means that if someone prefers to write in Hebrew, but include code,
> she can do that without effort. I would want her to be able to do
> that. I would want me to be able to reply in Hebrew to an email
> someone wrote in Hebrew and include sample code.

This is exactly where we disagree, and very deeply it seems. You
continue to repear this (false) statement that mixing Hebrew and
non-Hebrew is only possible in HTML.

Unicode has all means to have proper RTL and LTR. Moreover, even
without special direction-mark characters it is always possible to
define the intended way for the mixed text display (several sane
scenarious, all right alighned, auto-alighment etc.). There is
nothing wrong with plain text. I can't accept the argument that
chatting in Hebrew requires HTML, especially on a technical list.
This is just not true.

What next, will you require me to use a graphical browser to read
mails? To only be able to read html with the supplied css? I.e. to
read tiny purple letters on orange background with Naomi font?..

Regards,
Mikhael.