[Israel.pm] multipart/alternative added

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Fri May 28 03:33:01 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Mikhael Goikhman <migo at homemail.com>wrote:

> I would not do this (to give up with reasoning). Besides yours is
> definitely longer, given the amount of blog texts you compose daily.
> :-) </no-flame-a-joke>

I think I supplied reasoning but you waved it off. To me, that's no longer a
discussion (at least one I think I'd like to participate in) - hence it
would be pointless to continue.
It's okay, I'm not offended. :)

> But you said yesterday that you don't care if the list only passes
> the plain text alternative of your html multipart, as long as you can
> blindly press the reply button. Will it make us both happy, or other
> people will be unhappy without receiving html? In any case it is for
> Gabor to decide, I tried to present my arguments and preferences.

A major benefit to having HTML possible (hopefully without JS, such as done
in blogs.perl), is that you can do RTL and LTR easily. That means that if
someone prefers to write in Hebrew, but include code, she can do that
without effort. I would want her to be able to do that. I would want me to
be able to reply in Hebrew to an email someone wrote in Hebrew and include
sample code.

I'm not going to tattoo "text/html" on my head if that's what you're worried
about. :)
That is, I'm not married to it, but I do think it's a good idea.

Sawyer.