[Israel.pm] multipart/alternative added

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Thu May 27 11:41:46 PDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org> wrote:
> Hi Mikhael,
> It is my understanding that this change was made for two reasons: the
> possibility of embracing Hebrew as an acceptable language for posts on this
> list, and the related technical questions regarding the difficulty of
> transferring Hebrew correctly over plain text email.
> The first reason can afford social debate. As Gabor pointed out, there are
> people on this list who don't know Hebrew and it's perhaps discourteous to
> them to accept another language. But this is offset by the fact that this is
> a local Mongers list, and there is no other forum on the internet where
> people who are uncomfortable with English can participate and have a
> conversation about Perl in Hebrew. The list can debate this more but
> personally, I think this is a perfectly fine goal, even if I'm quite likely
> to make my own posts in English due to personal preferences.

Actually a few month ago I thought I'll setup a list called hebrew at perl.org.il
or some similar name where the default language would be Hebrew.
Then I promptly forgotten about it.

If people think it is preferable to keep this list plain text and English only
and to have a separate list for the HTML messages where Hebrew is the
default language I'd be ok with that. In that case some of you will need
to actively volunteer to be the main voices there as my Hebrew typing
speed and correctness is very low.