[Israel.pm] multipart/alternative added

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Wed May 26 05:21:20 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 2:38 PM, sawyer x <xsawyerx at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org> wrote:

> > > Oh well, at least I can finally reply to emails without changing to
> > > unformatted interface.
> > > I don't know about the other people here, but I ain't using mutt or
> > pine...
> > > :)
> >
> > But your message was plain text as well.
>

> "Oh well" means "I guess you're right that it wasn't in HTML, but I guess
> that's not what I really care about", the rest meant "what I really care
> about is being able to just reply using my regular interface".
>
> This could be because maybe now the mailing list server accepts HTML but
> converts it to plaintext (making the list get text/plain while allowing me
> to send it using my regular interface) or because of some other reason I
> don't care about.
>
> Explaining, again, that my message is in plaintext is trying to prove to me
> something you already have and I already accepted (indicative by the phrase
> "oh well" and continued explanation of my needs).
>
> However, you can still state that my message is plaintext and I'll still
> state that I agree but that I don't care, as long as I can press 'reply'
> and
> it works. :)
>
> Yeah, I was just trying to test and debug the list settings. Since I didn't
get a copy of my own message, and since the archives on perl.org.il seem to
be plain text only, I'm still not sure it worked (but you're probably right,
and the software silently converted to plain text). Oh well. :-P

Gabor: if you care, let's discuss the required settings for correct Hebrew
off the list.

http://gaal.livejournal.com/