[Israel.pm] לולאת for בפרל

Gabor Szabo gabor at szabgab.com
Sun Oct 13 01:32:26 PDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org> wrote:
> Speaking of versions of perl, wouldn't a tutorial be better off using modern
> features like "say" over "print"?

In some of the articles print is used, in others say is used.

In his case I wanted to show short snippets without the boiler-plate.
In order to use say I would have had to add 'use 5.010' to the code
and then people would complain why did I not use strict and warnings as well.

Besides, I have this constant tension that while I would like to explain the
latest and greatest, but many of the readers are still on older versions
of perl. :(
So I was thinking on creating two tutorials. One for people
who do maintenance on some code base running on perl < 5.10 and others,
who are free to use the latest version of perl 5.