[Israel.pm] Apache::ASP::Session=HASH problem

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Mon Oct 7 09:25:45 PDT 2013


Hi Sveta,

please reply to the list next time (as I specifically instruct in the bottom
line of my signture.)

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013 15:02:55 +0000
Svetlana Degtiar <svetlana at checkpoint.com> wrote:

> HI Shlomi,
> 
> Where did you write your program?

I wrote it in the file /var/www/perl/Apache-ASP/eg/session-sveta.asp :

[SHELL]

[root at telaviv1 eg]# cat /var/www/perl/Apache-ASP/eg/session-sveta.asp 
<%
use Data::Dumper qw(Dumper);
$Session->{"test"} ="encrusted_salt_with_green_peppers";

print STDERR  Dumper ($Session);

%>
[root at telaviv1 eg]# 

[/SHELL]

> I wrote a small program to check the session.
> But it says: "Global symbol "$Session" requires explicit package".
> 
> Should I put it in a special place?
> 

I put mine in an .asp file and uncommented the relevant configuration from the
Apache configuration files.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish 

> Thanks,
> Sveta.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Shlomi Fish [mailto:shlomif at shlomifish.org] 
> Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2013 7:19 PM
> To: Perl in Israel
> Cc: Svetlana Degtiar
> Subject: Re: [Israel.pm] Apache::ASP::Session=HASH problem
> 
> Hi Sveta,
> 
> On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 14:21:38 +0000
> Svetlana Degtiar <svetlana at checkpoint.com> wrote:
> 
> > 
> > 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > Sure, something simple.
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > $Session-> {"test"} ="test1";
> > 
> > Print STDERR  Dumper ($Session);
> > 
> 
> I tried this Apache::ASP program now on my Mageia Linux Cauldron system:
> 
> [QUOTE]
> <%
> use Data::Dumper qw(Dumper);
> $Session->{"test"} ="encrusted_salt_with_green_peppers";
> 
> print STDERR  Dumper ($Session);
> 
> %>
> [/QUOTE]
> 
> And I got the string in the log:
> 
> [root at telaviv1 eg]# grep -n encrusted /etc/httpd/logs/error_log
> 544:                 'test' => 'encrusted_salt_with_green_peppers'
> 
> A few notes:
> 
> 1. I imported Data::Dumper.
> 
> 2. I changed "Print" to "print" (in all lowercase letters).
> 
> 3. I've had to apply a fix to the change "remote_ip" to "client_ip" due to
> this bug:
> 
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/asp/105442
> 
> I'm not sure how to further tries to help you as it "Works for me".
> 
> Regards,
> 
> 	Shlomi Fish
> 



-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/Summerschool-at-the-NSA/

If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
    — Unknown

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - http://shlom.in/reply .


More information about the Perl mailing list