[Israel.pm] Tel Aviv Perl Mongers Meeting at 23 October 2013: "How to Welcome Beginners" + "Distributed Apps with Gearman"

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sun Oct 6 08:46:36 PDT 2013

Hi Gabor,

On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 19:48:20 +0200
Gabor Szabo <gabor at szabgab.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish.org> wrote:
> > Hi Sawyer,
> >
> > On Thu, 3 Oct 2013 16:40:23 +0200
> > sawyer x <xsawyerx at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> 1. Not everyone uses it.
> >> 2. It costs money.
> >
> > Well, I think Hamakor ( http://www.hamakor.org.il/ ) has set up a
> > community-wide account for FOSS events in Israel, so we can announce the
> > event there. I'm not proposing that we will avoid all other venues of
> > publicity, but it can be useful to reach other people.
>

> Could you please ask who is the contact person for this?

I think it's Aviram Jenik, but in any case, one can submit a new meeting using
the [+ SUGGEST A NEW MEETUP] button at the top:

http://www.meetup.com/Open-Source-and-Free-Software-in-Israel

The entry for our meeting, which I submitted there, is at the top now:

http://www.meetup.com/Open-Source-and-Free-Software-in-Israel/events/143967952/

> I'd like to use the opportunity to promote the meetings.

Thanks!