[Israel.pm] Tel Aviv Perl Mongers Meeting at 23 October 2013: "How to Welcome Beginners" + "Distributed Apps with Gearman"

Erez Schatz moonbuzz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 01:39:42 PDT 2013

Hey Sawyer, Shlomi,

>> > On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Issac Goldstand <margol at beamartyr.net
>> > <mailto:margol at beamartyr.net>> wrote:
>> >
>> >     Can someone with karma update the site?
>> >
>> >     On 26/09/2013 10:17, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>> >     > The Tel Aviv Perl Mongers ( http://telaviv.pm.org/ ) will hold
>> >     their next
>> >     > meeting on Wednesday, 23 October 2013, starting at 18:30 in the
>> >     evening in
>> >     > Shenkar College, room 247 (previously known as room 407) in the
>> >     building in
>> >     > Anna Frank St. in Ramat Gan.
>> >     >
>> >     > On the Agenda:
>> >     >
>> >     > 18:30 - 19:00 : Get Together.
>> >     >
>> >     > 19:00 - 19:35 : Erez Schatz - How to Welcome Beginners to Perl.
>> >     >

It's "How to Welcome Strangers to Perl"

Abstract: Perl and its subsets and extensions have a very unfriendly to
outsiders reputation. Part of it is intentional, but other arrives from
cultural and personal differences between many in the current communities
and those who wish to learn, or get answers and support in Perl, Perl 5,
Modern Perl 5, and the CPAN and its main Projects. I will attempt to map
some of these relations in an attempt that bridge the two sides.

--
Erez

Dentro: an outliner with an agenda
http://erezschatz.github.com/dentro/