[Israel.pm] Problem: TelAviv.pm Meeting falls on the first candle of Hanukkah

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Tue Nov 26 04:17:43 PST 2013

Hi all,

we scheduled a Tel Aviv Perl Mongers meeting for 27 November 2013, and there's
a problem that it falls on the first candle of Hanukkah:

http://www.hebcal.com/hebcal/?year=2013&month=11&yt=G&v=1&nh=on&nx=on&mf=on&ss=on&i=on&lg=s&vis=on&d=on&c=off&geo=zip&zip=&m=50&.cgifields=nx&.cgifields=nh&.cgifields=mf&.cgifields=ss&.s=Create+Calendar

As a result, I think we should make a last-minute cancellation because: 1.
People will want to be at home with their families and: 2. There may be several
transportation problems.

Ori, is that OK with you? Can you give the talk on December? I'm sorry that I
only registered the severity of the problem now.

P.S: here is an amusing song parody of Lorde’s “Royals” titled “Oils” to
celebrate the coincidence of Hanukkah and the .us Thanksgiving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl55YT7j5GU&feature=share