[Israel.pm] #perl-help irc channel

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 06:19:39 PDT 2013

Erez Schatz gave a wonderful talk on how to handle questions like this.
On one hand you want to answer them, but on the other hand you want to
educate them on searching the documentation.

The specific example you gave probably isn't in this exact bracket, because
it's a very very specific question. I mean questions like "how do I create
objects in Perl" or "what does this function do?" - which are very common,
and get the same RTFM responses.

Erez said he would gladly do the talk again in the next TA.pm/Israel.pm
meeting. However, one needs to organize it. Is anyone volunteering?

Shmuel, I'm sure the slides are somewhere, so anyone
geographically-impaired (as I am myself now) would enjoy them.