[Israel.pm] #perl-help irc channel

Shmuel Fomberg shmuelfomberg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 01:44:06 PDT 2013

Hi All.

I always have the #perl-help channel open in the background. (at least
But sadly, some of the more active people there always send users to the
manual, even when the manual does not contain the answer.
They just can't give a short, helpful answer. it always make me angry.

Latest example:
user: whats the difference of 'int' and 'POSIX::floor' ?
popl: perldoc -f int will tell you
<it does not. at least not clearly and not without opening POSIX
documentation to compare>
<popl goes on and rants>
me: for negative numbers, int(-5.5) is -5, while floor(-5.5) is -6
user: thanks!

And the same happens every. single. time. uffff!
People, if you can't handle giving simple answers, get off #perl-help!