[Israel.pm] Perl Tutorial:

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Thu Jun 13 12:06:12 PDT 2013

Hi Uri,

I'm continuing to CC the list, because some of my messages get blacklisted. In
the meanwhile, I removed my signature to avoid mentioning the shortened URLs.

Well I wrote:
> >> 2. Are you sure one should use "..." on Linux with \b instead of '...'?

What I meant was that if you do:

	$ perl -pe "s/\bword\b/Something instead of word./g" [INPUT FILES]

In Unix, then the shell will eat the backslash ( \ ). As a result, it is advised
to use single-quotes instead:

	$ perl -pe 's/\bword\b/Something instead of word./g' [INPUT FILES]

However, these single-quotes won't work on the Windows CMD.EXE shell.