[Israel.pm] packaging Perl script(s) with dependent Perl modules in a tarball

Yona Shlomo yona at cs.technion.ac.il
Thu Jan 31 00:12:26 PST 2013

Hello,

I have a set of scripts, which depend on 3rd party modules.
I want to be able to deploy them to machines other than mine
(which don't have these 3rd party modules. Moreover, these
modules are unlikely to ever be installed centrally, as they
are not part of the "cookbook" of the machine).

I'd like to be able to build a tarball with the code and
dependencies, which can be deployed to any machine I want
(assuming same operating system), so that once unpacked, it
can work "out of the box".

What's a practical way to package required modules with my
code?

Thanks.

--
Shlomo Yona