[Israel.pm] [ANN] I May Not Be Able to Attend the Perl Workshop

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sun Jan 27 12:24:17 PST 2013

Hi all,

I'm sorry to announce that due to personal reasons, I probably am not going to
attend the next Israeli Perl Workshop (of 2013). If one of the esteemed guests
from abroad wishes to meet me in person, we can still have a meeting in a cafe
or restaurant (possibly with other guests or locals, naturally) and I may attend
the conference in an online manner using IRC (please don't devoice me or worse
- :-) ) and by watching the videos after the fact. But I'm probably not going to
attend the workshop itself and its talks.

But here's some better news. Despite not attending the talk I will still pay
for an attendance ticket, so I'll be there at least in spirit (don't mind
donating some money for the worth of the ticket instead of an actual ticket).

Furthermore, as a token of appreciation to Raphael Fogel (CCed to this
message), who gave me a free entrance to a recent Ruby conference, after I
told him I hesitated to pay the price, that I am willing to sponsor a free
ticket to ILPW-2013 for someone who also hesitates on coming. (“Cast your bread
upon the water”, etc.)

I'm not sure any of this will fully compensate for me not attending, but I have
good reasons for not attending the conference, so I hope you understand.