[Israel.pm] “If Carpenters Were Hired Like Programmers”

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Fri Jan 25 12:42:42 PST 2013

Hi all,

I spotted this feature - “If Carpenters Were Hired Like Programmers” in a tweet
here - https://twitter.com/rengolin :

http://www.jasonbock.net/jb/Default.aspx?blog=entry.7c334037d1a9437d9fa6506e2f35eaac

I found it funny. ( Someone on IRC told us he once walked out of an interview
because the interviewer, who was going to be his manager, wanted him to have 5
years of experience in Windows 2000 back in 2002.)

I should note that Joel on Software had given a somewhat contrasting view here:

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/LordPalmerston.html

I'll let you decide to what extent both features are right.