[Israel.pm] “If Carpenters Were Hired Like Programmers”

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Fri Jan 25 12:42:42 PST 2013

Hi all,

I spotted this feature - “If Carpenters Were Hired Like Programmers” in a tweet
here - https://twitter.com/rengolin :

I found it funny. ( Someone on IRC told us he once walked out of an interview
because the interviewer, who was going to be his manager, wanted him to have 5
years of experience in Windows 2000 back in 2002.)

I should note that Joel on Software had given a somewhat contrasting view here:

I'll let you decide to what extent both features are right.

What Makes Software Apps High Quality -  http://shlom.in/sw-quality

My Commodore 64 is suffering from slowness and insufficiency of memory, and its
display device is grievously short of pixels.  Can anybody help?
    — Omer Zak