[Israel.pm] Essay for Review: “Sherlock Holmes about Awk” - http://shlomifish.livejournal.com/1991.html

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Fri Feb 15 03:58:30 PST 2013

Hi all,

since my 10 minutes talk for the next Perl workshop in concern to “Sherlock
Holmes about Awk” was accepted, I finally posted the essay that serves as the
basis for it on http://unarmed.shlomifish.org/1991.html . I would appreciate
it, if you go over it and see if there are any more remaining typos, which I
will be able to fix, and the text of the essay is available under the CC-by
licence.

Here is the talk URL and abstract: http://act.perl.org.il/ilpw2013/talk/4574

[QUOTE]
Quoting Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes in relevance to why you should
not keep Awk in your resident memory, with another quote from Eric Raymond's
"The Art of Unix Programming", and some more thoughts about managing human memory.
[/QUOTE]