[Israel.pm] FYI: ILPW on Purim

Gabor Szabo gabor at szabgab.com
Tue Feb 5 06:30:09 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Dov Levenglick <dov.levenglick at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I just noticed that ILPW in on Purim (25 Feb, ט"ו אדר). I know that it's
> late and that the dates were announced a while back, but I urge the
> organizers to consider rescheduling. As a parent, I can't justify not being
> with my kids on a day of vacation and dressing up in order to attend a
> conference.
>
> Gabor, Sawyer - can this decision be revisited please? I want to attend, but
> not on Purim.

Thought it might be better to have it on another day which is not Purim,
I am afraid it is a bit late to make that change.

Although AFAIK there are no committed guests from abroad, we would still need to
1) make sure there is a venue  (Sawyer could you, please ask them if
there is any possibility to move the date?)
2) make sure the speakers can reschedule
3) be hated by those (maybe only a few) who have already got the
approval for the current day and need to reschedule things.

Please share your opinion.