[Israel.pm] YAPC::Tokyo::2012

Shmuel Fomberg shmuelfomberg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 19:58:08 PDT 2012

Hi All.

The local YAPC started today. (I didn't go the the pre-conference meeting)
Anyway, not much to report yet. there was a opening talk, and then Larry
gave the same Perl 6 talk that he gave in YAPC::EU this year. (or so I
heard)
Larry is really trying to promote Perl 6, and stuff it down our throats,
and people let him because, well, it is Larry. but I'm getting bored from
it.

Btw, a lot of talks in this conference have English slides. really nice of
them.

Anyway, after that I went to a talk about how some web site reduced the
load of making image thumbnails. TL;DR: they optimized (using
compilation-parameters) their libjpeg, and moved all non-estinantial
thumbnails to be dynamically generated. (using some Apache mod)
Ah, ok.

Well, I hope more interesting talks will come along.

Btw, Perl Weekly is "Media Sponsor" of the conference. whatever that means.

Shmuel.