[Israel.pm] Sweet update to TelAviv.pm.org

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 15:52:24 PDT 2012

Hey,

I've made a major improvement to the TA.pm website
(telaviv.pm.org)<http://telaviv.pm.org/>that I've wanted to do for a
while: finally listing all the meetings we've
had through 2011 and 2012 (and our first at 2010). I've also added
perl.org.il which was missing (very bad!) as the first item in the
Resources list, since it's the prime website for anything related to Perl
in Israel.

Events are created as a Template::Toolkit template[1] from a Haml
template[2]. Using the "bin/create.sh"[3] script will take care of all of
that seamlessly[4]. The README file[5] has been updated to reflect that and
what's needed to generate the files.

If you've given a talk and you have the slides for them, please:
1. forgive me for not doing anything with it yet
2. send me a link so I could link to them from the talk listing on the
website
3. if you don't have it publicly available but want to, talk to me

If you haven't given a talk, but want to make sure the slides are available
for previous talks,:
1. bug people :)
2. bug me about my talks too!

Lastly, if you have a blog that you would like to be featured on the site,
let me know (or offer a pull request, or ask for a commit bit) and add it
yourself.

Website Github: https://github.com/xsawyerx/telaviv.pm

As always, commit bits are for free and for all. :)

Have a good one,
Sawyer.

[1] https://github.com/xsawyerx/telaviv.pm/blob/master/templates/previous.tt
[2] https://github.com/xsawyerx/telaviv.pm/blob/master/templates/events.haml