[Israel.pm] ILPW 2013: Larry Wall in Israel

Gabor Szabo gabor at szabgab.com
Wed Sep 5 23:16:06 PDT 2012

hi,

as I already mentioned, Sawyer and I have started to organize the next
Perl Workshop to be held at the end of February 2013.

The big news is that Larry Wall agreed to come to our workshop.
Actually I asked Gloria, his wife, as she is the one who has
not been to Israel yet, but she only comes if Larry is also invited.

This, of course means we'll have to have a lot more financing than
we had last year. We'll charge an entrance fee to cover some of the
costs, but we will also need to have sponsors.

That's where you can already help.
Tell your managers about the workshop. Tell them what a great
opportunity this is to show their support to Perl and open source in general.
Tell them, this can be also a great opportunity to look for top-notch
programmers, sysadmins, CM and build engineers etc.
(if you have other positions to add here, let me know!)

http://act.perl.org.il/ilpw2013/

regards
    Gabor
ps. I have a secret plan to also organize a hackathon,
but I that would require even more money, so I am not sure.