[Israel.pm] New design for TA.pm website

Sawyer X xsawyerx at cpan.org
Tue Sep 4 09:16:54 PDT 2012

Hi,

the TA.pm website has been neglected for a while. This includes writing
about new meetings and adding content (such as slides from talks).

While time was a factor, the main reason (or at least the one I'll admit
to) was that the design was cumbersome and ineffective and made it
difficult to present content. The build system was tricky and annoying and
still required many duplications in content, even after Amir Friedman
overhauled much of it. Thank you, Amir, by the way. :)

I recently redid the design of it, and you can view it at:
http://telaviv.pm.org/v2/. As you can see, it maintains the content from
the previous site, but also includes more links and a much nicer layout.

You can find the website on the "v2" feature branch in the Github
repository, here: https://github.com/xsawyerx/telaviv.pm/tree/v2
I'd be happy to receive any patches and pull requests. I'm also willing to
provide commit bits to whoever asks.

I'd be happy to get any feedback, and would appreciate focusing on the
following:
- Do you think the new design is better?
- What do you think should be added as links on the right?
- Do you have a blog that we could link to?
- Should we add a "members" section where we could write a bit about
community members?
- Would you like to help going over the previous talks and collect the
details and any slides they may had?
- Did I miss anything?

Thank you,
s.