[Israel.pm] [NEWS] My Perl Foundation Grant for Improving the Perl Debugger Was Accepted

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sun Sep 2 09:15:49 PDT 2012

On Sun, 02 Sep 2012 16:50:27 +0300
Dotan Dimet <dotan at corky.net> wrote:

> use utf8;
> $your_post =~ s/לשון/עין/;
>
> Less confusing in vim, though less readable...

No I meant "tongue of Evil" (or "jinxing" in English) instead of "eye of Evil". Primarily:

1. The tongue of Evil (לשון הרע) happens when someone says that he is sure some event will
happen, and in turn it does not happen.

2. The eye of Evil (עין הרע) happens when someone is jealous or envious of someone,
and something bad happens to the latter person with this respect.

If you were referring to the fact that the E-mail was typed and viewed instead of heard,
then this is irrelevant, because it is treated figuratively, and maybe it should be "fingers of
Evil" (אצבעות הרע) instead. ;-)