[Israel.pm] Error in compilations - not found

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 03:00:48 PDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Chanan Berler <bc.other at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Quick question: when running perl -c DAL.pl i don't see any errors in
> my code, unless I am create an object out of DAL.

By running "perl -c file.pl" or "perl -wc file.pl", you only compile the
code to see that it's syntactically correct, which it is.
Creating a new object is run-time and might contain unintended behavior,
rather than incorrect syntax.
It's impossible to know why the error happens if you don't tell us:
1. What code you're running.
2. What error you're receiving.

We're not psychics yet. :)

Specifically in your code it would appear that your new() method gets a
hash reference and copies something from one key to another.
Are you running it correctly?

> Q: is there a way to find these kinda syntax errors ?

Yes, write tests! :)