[Israel.pm] Dist::Zilla dependencies

Gabor Szabo gabor at szabgab.com
Thu Oct 18 01:36:23 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Shmuel Fomberg
<shmuelfomberg at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I'm using Dist::Zilla for one module, and when it comes to dependecies,
>> > D::Z
>> > lists all the modules that my module uses.
>> > That even includes strict, warnings and Data::Dumper.
>> >
>> > How do I tell it not to include standard modules?
>>
>> According to which standard?
>

> Any module that was core in Perl 5.8 I'd consider standard. But letting me
> specify the Perl version is a big plus.

You know, that probably still not enough, if you want to make sure your package
will work.

There are Linux distributions that split out certain parts of the standard perl
into separate packages.  So if a package does not specify module X
as a dependency, then it might happen that the package will be installed
on a system that does not have module X.
Even if X was part of perl 5.8.0 that was released by p5p.

Gabor
ps. But unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question.