[Israel.pm] My keynote and code for the next meeting

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sat Nov 24 04:33:17 PST 2012

Hello Ynon,

On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 10:58:38 +0200
ynon perek <ynonperek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> You can find my Real-Time Web keynote on slideshare:
> http://www.slideshare.net/YnonPerek/realtime-web-with-pocketio

Just a note - while I personally know that Keynote is the name of a
non-FOSS presentation creation utility by Apple, many other people here may
be oblivious to this fact and may think you are actually giving a keynote
about it to a conference (which is a special kind of opening, global, talk,
from what I know). I might as well say:

* I have uploaded my GIMPs to Flickr.

* You can find my Inkscape on that web page.

* I have send you a pull request with my Vims.

Etc.

So I suggest you say "slides" or "talk" or whatever. For the record, I recall
once inspecting the XML file of a keynote talk and found it to be extremely
unusable as a human (although I did not try so hard, and am not sure the XML
generated by OpenOffice.org is much better).

> And code examples on github:
> https://github.com/ynonp/pm-nov-12

See you.