[Israel.pm] Building a testing suite... again.

Shmuel Fomberg shmuelfomberg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 18:28:09 PST 2012

Hi All.

And here I am again, building testing suites for our product.
My environment:
Jenkins will run the tests
Selenium to automate web interaction, (using the Perl RC driver)
Access to the DB to see that changes were really made
and access to the file system to see that files were created. (it is a CMS
after all)

As for Jenkins, I think that I'll produce a suite of standard .t files.
As for Selenium, for every script it opens a new browser session, so I
can't keep state between the tests. which may be a good thing, as it will
force me to go from login every time.
But still I will have at least one setup test.

I'm still thinking about what to do with duplicate tests. as 'duplicate', I
mean for example running the same test sequence but with different user
permission.
Maybe I should create a test script that set the user name and then run a
different script?

Shmuel.