[Israel.pm] Qualcomm is looking for a Perl expert

Yaar, Kfir kyaar at qualcomm.com
Sun Mar 25 02:31:56 PDT 2012

Now I see it... :)

From: perl-bounces at perl.org.il [mailto:perl-bounces at perl.org.il] On Behalf Of Reshef, Oren
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2012 10:55 AM
To: Perl in Israel
Subject: Re: [Israel.pm] Qualcomm is looking for a Perl expert

As the one supervising this and other Perl jobs in Qualcomm Israel-

We are not breaking away from the ancient Perl testing framework.
It might even be part of the solution, since there is no replacement for it in places like controlling test equipment and interfacing the test reporting tool.

BUT other than that you'll have a lot of freedom in choosing your tools and strategy.
For example my team's solution for testing storage devices uses modern Perl code as the logic behind Android tests (as Shmuel suggested) combined with some Excel VBA (for creating graphs), a little Python (for Google/Android automation) and C (quick parsing of logs). The mentioned testing framework is mainly used for reporting results.

Being objective on this... I also agree with Shmuel about Qualcomm being a recommended good company, with good culture.

BTW Sending CVs directly to me will be more efficient, bypassing the HR bureaucracy.

Oren Reshef
Qualcomm
oreshef at qualcomm.com<mailto:oreshef at qualcomm.com>