[Israel.pm] upcoming meetings dates and talks

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 02:01:06 PDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Gabor Szabo <gabor at szabgab.com> wrote:

> > Then we form groups of 2-3 people and fix bugs in CPAN modules.
> > We can do this in Spaghettim already.
> > For this we need to make sure we have enough notebooks.
> >
> > Does this sound good?

That sounds like a great idea to me!
I'm definitely in, and I probably should have explicitly mention it.

> I'd recommend XML::Feed https://metacpan.org/module/XML::Feed
> See this post: http://perlhacks.com/2012/03/xmlfeed/
>
> What modules would *you* like to see fixed?

Oh, I have a list!

- I'd like to work on Dancer a bit. Haven't had a lot of time to do that,
and it would provide a good opportunity.
- There's some more work to be done on MetaCPAN::API and perhaps I could
start using it for cpang.
- I would also like to go over stuff in Module::Starter and commit some
updates and release a new version.
- Perhaps I'll be able to get my WWW::FMyLife module working again. It's
been screwed for a while now.
- I have a new plugin for Perlbal I'm thinking of releasing. Should add
more tests.
- There's a new feature I wanted to add to Module::Version.
- I've converted App::Genpass to use Moo instead of Mouse, which gives
*much* faster results and I want to finish it and release it.
- I want to convert Gup to a role-based plugin-only system, which should be
hack-worthy.

These are all my projects, but I'm more than willing to work on ideas
others bring. If I can help others fix a bug in an important system, it's
worthwhile for me. :)