[Israel.pm] upcoming meetings dates and talks

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sat Mar 3 03:01:07 PST 2012

Hi all,

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 12:02:14 +0200
Gabor Szabo <gabor at szabgab.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> now that the workshop is over, let's try to keep the momentum
> and run our monthly meetings.
>
> Usually we meet on the last Wednesday of each month.
> That would mean
>
> March 28
> (April 25 - if I am not mistaken this is the memorial day,
>      Let's move it to May 2 Is that ok with you?
> May 30
>
> Sawyer, are the dates good? Will you talk to Shenkar
> and fix the dates with them?
>

> Now this is the time we should start collecting talk proposals.
>
> If you never gave a talk this is a really good opportunity.
> You can start with a short presentation. It can be "here is how I use Perl".
> or "Here is what I don't understand in Perl".

If possible, I would like to hear some reruns of talks given in the Workshop
that either I did not attend (or alternatively other people did not attend),
or that lacked adequate time for full delivery (like Ran's Syntactic Sugar
talk or Ynon's talk about Design Patterns in Moose).

Otherwise, my offer to use you as beta-testers for the 5th installment of "Perl
for Perl Newbies" ( http://www.shlomifish.org/lecture/Perl/Newbies/lecture5/ ),
and get some important input (while hopefully also entertaining or enlightening
you) still stands.