[Israel.pm] TA.pm Hackathon! This Wednesday (27/06)

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 01:54:29 PDT 2012

Hey everyone!

This Wednesday we're not going to have our usual tech meeting, but instead
we're going to do a hackathon!

A hackathon is a gathering where we meet up and work on whatever project we
feel like. We can do it all together, in smaller groups or on our own.
You can learn how to use objects, a new framework, solve some $work-related
problem you have trouble with, start your first CPAN distribution, try out
new cool code, add features to an application, fix a bug, patch some code,
contribute documentation, and more. You have all the help from people
around you to do whatever it is you want. This is a great opportunity to
meet people, learn from each other, get familiar with new and interesting
projects, get help on fixing problems, and trying new things with the
support of friends.

You don't even need a laptop!
(although if you have one, bring it!)

Here is a list of suggestions of what we can do. If you have any ideas,
write them on the list or bring them along.
- rewriting a CGI app in Dancer, or add features to an existing web app
- rewriting an application using Moo/Mouse/Moose
- contributing to a CPAN module (fixing a bug, adding a feature,
correct/adding documentation/tests, etc.)
- adding a feature to a CPAN module
- writing a new CPAN module
- working on TelAviv.pm.org and automating the tools to update it
- writing your first asynchronous code (POE/IO::Async/AnyEvent)
- writing your first GUI
- writing your first Padre plugin
- whatever you can think of