[Israel.pm] No technical Perl Mongers meeting (though maybe hackathon) this month, please submit talks for next meeting

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 23:46:37 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 4:22 AM, Gabor Szabo <gabor at szabgab.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM, sawyer x <xsawyerx at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In the little experience we have with hackathons at the mettings it seems
> the
> allocated time is not enough to finish talking and start hacking.
> Maybe if we don't have technical talks we can reach the point of hacking
> though maybe we would want to allocate more time to the hackathon
> than just 18:30-22:00 ?

I think it's a start. Usually we just have talks and then a hackathon
(which results in not enough time, obviously), but the idea this time was
to do *just* a hackathon *instead of* talks. This would provide more time.

If we see that it's successful, we could try and allocate more time in the
next meeting or do an additional meeting dedicated to that, separate from
the talks. We could also alternate between types of meetings.

> > - working on TelAviv.pm.org and automating the tools to update it
>
> Which reminds me. It is still unclear to my why do you want to have
> a separate Perl Monger group and why updating http://perl.org.il/ isn't
> good?

I still have some hope of other Perl Mongers groups in Israel working, and
having a dedicated website for TA.pm facilitates that. That being said,
even updating the website to clearly reference perl.org.il as the current
website for all Perl Mongers in Israel would be considered *updating* and
*kept up-to-date*. Neither is happening at the moment and a hackathon would
be a good opportunity to fix it.

S.