[Israel.pm] perl deployment

ynon perek ynonperek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 04:41:44 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I got a perl script that uses some CPAN modules, and I want to deliver that
to a client. I can think of several ways to do that:

1. Use pp ( but then - what if the client wants to change the source later
and doesn't want to pp again ?)

2. Give the client a CPAN style build with Makefile.pl, and let them
install dependencies on their own

3. Give the client a full directory tree with my script and all dependent
modules

Now, I want to use (3) to make my client's life as easy as possible.
There's just one question - how do I create that folder. The procedure I
had in mind involved installing a new perl with perlbrew to match the
client's version, then install local::lib to make a dedicated modules
folder, install everything I need with cpanm and finally copy the
local::lib folder to the project's tree, add "use lib" statements in the
script, and zip it to the client.
This feels awfully tedious...

What do you guys do ? Is there a simple process that escaped my mind ?

Thanks,
  Ynon

--

כותב הרצאות ? מדבר מול קהל ? הבלוג שלי לומד
לדבר<http://publicspeakr.blogspot.com/>כתוב במיוחד בשבילך.