[Israel.pm] Recommended ruby lecture

Gabor Szabo gabor at szabgab.com
Tue Jan 31 03:56:45 PST 2012

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 9:57 PM, ynon perek <ynonperek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> David Hansson (creator of rails) talks about many of the things he likes
> about ruby - and most of them will probably remind you a lot of perl.
>
> If you have the hour, I recommend watching (it even has a Larry Wall slide)
> http://net.tutsplus.com/articles/lectures/why-ruby/

Finally I had the time to watch it (instead of doing some more urgent things :)
In general he had a couple of good points and some questionable ones.

What I found interesting is that, outside of that Larry Wall slide, he
has not mentioned Perl.

He bashed Assembly, PHP, Python, Java and Microsoft but not Perl. At
least not directly.