[Israel.pm] Perl code in a Java Shop

Gabor Szabo gabor at szabgab.com
Mon Jan 30 02:10:13 PST 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Yona Shlomo <yona at cs.technion.ac.il> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have useful (and extremely short!) Perl code that I wrote to implement heavy production tasks over hadoop/map reduce/hive.
> I do it using Hadoop Streaming.
>
> I have on the other hand classes over classes of boilerplate Java code to do the same.
>
> I work at a Java shop, so Perl code isn't welcome.
> I want to show that in addition to rapid development and easy and flexble changes I can also easily add tests (unit tests and integration tests) and have them run on the continuous-integration and continuous-deployment work flow of the company (which runs over Junit/Maven/TeamCity/Glu).
>
> Any advice on packaging the Perl code, testing it and integrating it into the Java-oriented environment would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have experience with this but I saw a number of articles on
Jenkins and Perl integration, which probably is irrelevant to you.

Have you checked  https://metacpan.org/release/TAP-Formatter-JUnit and
https://metacpan.org/release/TAP-Formatter-TeamCity ?
They might be able to help you - if I understood your request.

regards