[Israel.pm] Looking for Perl development position

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sun Jan 1 08:15:27 PST 2012

Hi Shai,

On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 17:21:39 +0200
Shai Forte <shai at forte.co.il> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Hope its not SPAM for you :)

Since it was only sent to perl at perl.org.il and not mass-mailed or contained
non-solicited advertising E-mail, this isn't spam. It could be off-topic
E-mail or E-mail against the mailing list's policy (which may not be desirable
either, but is nonetheless not at the same scale of badness as spam is), but
isn't in this case, as job offers or alternatively "we're looking for a job -
can you offer anything?" are acceptable as long as the same post is not too
frequent.

> I have a talented friend experienced in Perl & C# development looking for
> freelance position.
>
> If you have something open, please contact me & I'll forward his CV.

Good luck to your friend. I've been looking for a job for a while too. I don't
recall any Perl job offers here that I was qualified for, since I lost my last
job doing Perl/Catalyst development, when they fired the entire Perl/Catalyst
team. I have not limited myself to Perl (being proficient in some other
technologies), but even though I've had some job interviews,
I only found a job starting a month ago (and part of the reason I was hired was
because I had worked for them in the past). I found the job through a post on
the Python-IL mailing list, though.

Anyway, I guess I can look through my backlog for job offers that did not
materialise (not sure how many of them involved Perl, though - none of them
involved C# from what I recall.), and get back to you. You might also wish to
grep the mailing list's archives at:

http://mail.perl.org.il/pipermail/perl/

And there's also:

http://jobs.perl.org/

Most of the jobs there are not located in Israel, but some of them allow
telecommuting.