[Israel.pm] Power outlets in Israel + Schuko plugs

Issac Goldstand margol at beamartyr.net
Fri Feb 24 01:13:14 PST 2012

On 24/02/2012 11:04, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm going to travel to Israel on Sunday morning the first time
> in my life :-).
Welcome! :)

> I wondering whether Schuko plugs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuko)
> would fit in the power sockets.
>
> They usually do where Euro plugs work, but not always. Sometimes
> the sockets are too small, like in Switzerland.
There are a mixture of sockets here.  Usually they'll fit (though
sometimes you need to be a bit rough) but there are some sockets
(usually older ones) that they're too big for.  In the worst case you
can get a non-grounded converter for about 1 EUR in most small hardware
stores here.

  Issac