[Israel.pm] Audrey Tang – זוכרים?

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Fri Feb 17 07:17:30 PST 2012

Hello,

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:56:21 +0200
"Amir E. Aharoni" <amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> זה לא ממש קשור לפרל השפה, אבל זה כן קשור לפרל הקהילה:
>
> זוכרים את אודרי טאנג, המתכנתת הטייוואנית הגאונה שיצרה המון חבילות CPAN
> ומימוש (חלקי) של פרל 6 בשפה האסקל? אז היא הולכת להתחיל לעבוד כמתכנתת בקרן
> ויקימדיה, הארגון שמאחורי ויקיפדיה. היא עשתה לעצמה שם טוב בתכנות קומפיילרים,
> אז היא מצטרפת לצוות שמשפר את המפענח (parser) של התחביר הידוע לשמצה של
> מדיה־ויקי.
>
> גם אני עובד שם (בצוות אחר) וזה מרגש אותי מאוד :)

just a note - I believe the primary language of this mailing list is English,
as there are some people subscribed here who cannot speak, read and/or write
Hebrew well. By writing in Hebrew you're alienating them. Please try to write
in English.

A heads up is that this post said that Audrey Tang, the Taiwanese programmer
who created many CPAN modules and a partial implementation of Perl 6 in
Haskell, will now start working for the Wikimedia foundation as part of the
team that improves the parser for MediaWiki's infamous grammar (due to her
work on writing compilers).