[Israel.pm] Estimating like an Adult...

Issac Goldstand margol at beamartyr.net
Thu Feb 16 02:05:36 PST 2012

On 16/02/2012 10:56, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> Have you read these articles?
>
> http://www.writemoretests.com/2012/02/how-to-estimate-like-adult-part-1.html
> http://www.writemoretests.com/2012/02/estimating-like-an-adult-what-to-steal-from-agile.html
>
> Have you ever seen team that work like this?
I've tried managing teams like that twice.  They did make the team
happier with itself and the business happier with the team, although I
never managed to run on story points instead of man-hours.   The
business and PM still enjoyed working with weekly or bi-weekly sprints
since it gave them more opportunity to adjust their gantt charts,
though.  Also  developers usually doled out the tasks to asigness at the
sprint meetings, which I also felt was a bit counter-productive.

  Yitzchak