[Israel.pm] Hachioji-pm

Shmuel Fomberg shmuelfomberg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 18:46:41 PST 2012

Hi All.

I went to a PM meeting of Hachioji-pm.

Hachioji is a city in the Tokyo metropolis, about an hour in train from the
center of Tokyo.
Why I went there instead of going to closer meeting? because there is no
closer meeting. Tokyo's Perl programmer seen to hid. or are too busy. or
whatever.
Only one a year Shibuya-pm makes a YAPC, but no monthly meeting. weird.

Anyway, some small points:
Instead of getting a room with a projector and screen, the meeting was in a
local restaurant. There where about 10 people.
The organizer connected a few devices (About four Macs / Ipads) to one Mac
using some remote-screen SW, and distribute them along the table. The
speaker used that Mac for his presentation.
And instead of a main presentation, the central mac just moved from one to
another, and each spoke about something.
(a website that they made, a module that they found, anything)

We had a lot of talking about PHP too.. :-)

What surprised me was that some of the participates were not a long-time
hard-core Perl programmers, but also beginners.
I showed one beginner Task::Kensho, for a list of recommended CPAN
modules..

The meetings are on Saturdays, 18:00-23:00, monthly.
(which makes it impractical for me to participate in the Summer, when
Shabbat ends late)

Well, that's it.

Shmuel.