[Israel.pm] Some notes from Yesterday's Meeting

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Thu Aug 30 03:55:38 PDT 2012

Hi all,

here are some notes from yesterday's meeting:

#. At the beginning of the meeting Sawyer showed the photos he took from YAPC::EU
and explained what we could see in them. It was very nice.

#. Sawyer gave a talk about processing non-deterministic strings which I enjoyed.
He gave some tips on how to do that.

#. Uri Bruck's talk about MIDI was not as good as Sawyer's talks, in my opinion, but
was tolerable. Parts of it was covered in an earlier talk back when we had Israel.pm
meetings.

#. Someone mentioned that sort { length $b <=> length $a } should be done using reverse
and I noted that such things were implemented by List::UtilsBy:

https://metacpan.org/module/List::UtilsBy

#. We later went to the Anna Café, which had some good food and good drinks.