[Israel.pm] [OT] R in Israel

Yona Shlomo yona at cs.technion.ac.il
Fri Apr 20 09:44:07 PDT 2012

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012, moshe nahmias wrote:

> what are looking for? i am studying in the TA university so if it can be
> beneficial to students or researchers i might be able to help

Hello,

We're going to have monthly meetings at Outbrain in Netaniya
from 16:30 to 18:30.
I'd be happy if many join these meetings, newbies and
professionals, students and practitioners as well as other
cusious people.

Would you be willing to share some of your experience and
knowledge by giving talks in these meetings?

I'll notify when we start.
There's already a site, buit by Tal Galili:
http://r-israel.com

Thanks for everyone on this list who helped me get in touch with people.
We're probably be kicking this off in May.

To give some back to the great Perl community I'd be happy to give a talk
on using Perl with hadoop streaming to perform tasks over Big Data in one
of the upcomming Perl Monger meetings. Moreover, I'd be even happy to host
it at Outbrain in Netaniya that time.

Thanks.

--
Shlomo Yona