[Israel.pm] Next Tel Aviv Perl Mongers Meeting

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Tue Nov 15 10:04:10 PST 2011

Hi all,

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:50:33 +0200
sawyer x <xsawyerx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Next Tel Aviv.pm meeting will take place on November 30th.
>
> Date: November 30th.
> Room: 300.
> Building: The main building on Anna Franck street.*
> Time: 6:30pm get-together, 7:00pm talks begin!
>
> We will presenting the following talks:
> *Tools of the perl, a quick survey of 4 modules* (by Erez Schatz)
> We will cover four modules that make the life of a  Modern Perl developer
> much easier than it used to be: local::lib, cpanm, perlbrew, pm-uninstall.
>
> *DBIx::Class and ORMs* (by Erez Schatz)
> What is an ORM, why do we need it, and what does DBIx::Class bring to the
> table for perl programmers at large.
>
> *Firebird: a database that does not burn your data* (by ik)
> An introduction to the Firebird database and why it is so highly-regarded
> by those who use it
>
> * This is the building where we started having TA.pm, and not the one we
> used for the last few meetings.

Thanks for the information.

> ---
>
> Shlomi, if you could translate to Hebrew for me, I'd appreciate it very
> much. :)

Everyone can find the Hebrew translation and a somewhat revised English version
here:

http://www.shlomifish.org/telaviv.pm-meetings/telaviv-perl-mongers-30-November-2011.xhtml

If you have a few moments, please go over it and report the errors (spelling,
grammar, etc.) that you find there before we start publicising and publishing
it.