[Israel.pm] Fwd: Re: [Boston.pm] Cognitive Therapy approach to Internet trolls

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Mon Mar 7 02:31:53 PST 2011

Subject: Re: [Boston.pm] Cognitive Therapy approach to Internet trolls
Date: Monday 07 Mar 2011, 12:29:15
From: Shlomi Fish <shlomif at iglu.org.il>
To: boston-pm at mail.pm.org
CC: Tom Metro <tmetro-boston.pm at vl.com>

Hi Tom and all,

thanks for your E-mail.

On Monday 07 Mar 2011 08:10:39 Tom Metro wrote:
> Boston.pm's Shlomi Fish caught actress Felicia Day's attention with one
> of his blog posts, leading her to tweet:
>   Interesting: Cognitive Therapy approach to internet
>   trolls: http://bit.ly/e9oSfH

Nice! Thanks for letting me know.

> (It has some incidental Perl content.)
> Given the geek following Felicia Day has, I hope your servers can handle
> the traffic. :-)

well, it was also featured on Slashdot:

(after I submitted it there.)

So I guess that's where Ms. Day learned about it.

livejournal.com, where unarmed.shlomifish.org is hosted should have no problem
to handle such traffic (which I think is relatively small in comparison to its
daily traffic). As you can see from:

The main target audience of the blog are the so-called "20% of programmers",
who are also the main audience of such sites as http://www.joelonsoftware.com/
, http://www.paulgraham.com/ , or http://catb.org/~esr/ . I've learned it from
http://www.ericsink.com/articles/Buzz.html that I should aim at a certain
small group of people.

So http://unarmed.shlomifish.org/ started out on the right foot with all this
publicity (and I still can do some more of it). So I'm happy. Any help with
doing that would be appreciated, and you can also comment on the page.

Freecell Solver - http://fc-solve.berlios.de/

Lone Starr: "Just what we need - a Druish princess."
Barf: "Funny! She doesn't look Druish."
    -- Spaceballs, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094012/