[Israel.pm] Talk ideas

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Tue Dec 13 07:54:51 PST 2011

Hi Sawyer,

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 18:09:04 +0200
sawyer x <xsawyerx at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 17:51:31 +0200
> > ynon perek <ynonperek at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > Although not directly related to the ideas here, my speaker deck page is:
> > > http://speakerdeck.com/u/ynonperek
> > >
> > > There's a lot of perl/web talks available. Any of these talks can easily
> > be
> > > adjusted to a 20-40 minutes format.
> > >
> > > Let me know if there's anything you like and I'll happily volunteer.
> > >

> > I'd like to hear the “Unix Regular Expressions” talk.
> >

> Shlomi, how about you give a talk? The "There's too many ways to do it"
> lightning talk was a big success!

The problem is that the thought of giving a talk at a conference tends to make
me stressed, and I'd rather avoid it. I've considered giving a talk on the
next Tel Aviv Perl Mongers meeting, but:

1. My first idea of "Breaking the perl debugger for fun and profit." (about
the saga of patching the perl debugger in the blead for perl-5.15.x) is still
too mentally immature for me.

2. I thought about giving a short talk of advocacy about
http://perl-begin.org/ , and it's an option, but I'll need to know if I'm
actually giving it, so I can prepare in advance.