[Israel.pm] What hurts you most in Perl?

Pinkhas Nisanov pinkhas at nisanov.com
Thu Nov 25 11:00:45 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I wonder what hurts *you* the most in Perl?

Recently I looked for platform to create small and pretty
crossplatform GUI app. Wx was better than others,
but it was such a pain to install it.
I found there is no good updated bind for QT.
Best option for my needs was QML (unfortunately it's not perl).
perl cannot be "best glue language" without good
modern GUI framework.
Another problem is creating standalone executables from
perl code. I have at work licensed perl2exe and create
some small apps for windows. These apps very simple
(mostly files managing and text processing), but very
successful. I have many examples when with 15-20 mins
I create app that automate task previously done with a lot
of manual work.
without perl2exe I couldn't do it because install perl is not
an option, but perl2exe is not cheap.

thanks
Pinkhas Nisanov