[Israel.pm] Business support institutions (was: Re: What hurts you most in Perl? )

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 23:50:26 PST 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:

> So far there was one person who mentioned these issues.
> We don't know if the company he works for really cares about these
> issues and if they are willing to pay for any such service.
> Nor do we know if these issues are shared by other companies or not
> and what would be a satisfying solution for them.

These are good ideas, but I also agree that while some companies might be
content with such privileges, I can't think of many that will actually cough
up the money to fund it. I would have said "it's worth a try", but I'm
assuming Gabor has made such attempts already in the past.

Unfortunately it appears few companies actually understand licenses, their
implications and how to build a strong foundation for development. To make
matters worse, even fewer companies care enough to understand them and work
with the advantages while consistently avoiding as much risk as possible.
Not using CPAN is truly incomprehensible. :)

Sawyer.