[Israel.pm] Business support institutions (was: Re: What hurts you most in Perl?)

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Wed Nov 24 02:44:47 PST 2010

Looks like the Community (Perl, Python, whatever) needs the following
institutions:

1. Legal liability shield: a lawyer (or a partnership of lawyers) which
agrees, in exchange for a fee, to guarantee that the company won't be
exposed to legal liabilities as long as they comply with the lawyer's
instructions concerning the practical issues of complying with GPLv2 (or
in the case of Perl/CPAN - Artistic License).

2. Module guardians - each important CPAN module is "adopted" by one or
more businesses, which advertise their availability to maintain it and
fix bugs with guaranteed response time, in exchange for a fee payable by
those companies, for which correct functioning of the module is
critical.

--- Omer

--
Never let beliefs, God or Gods incite war and hatred among human beings.

I may be affiliated in any way.